Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to subscribe to specific component(s)?

Lana Galtz January 27, 2021

There is one page with 7 components, (to be specific: 2 out of 7 components are organized in one group). I'd like to subscribe for those notifications only when this particular group (or 2 components this group contains) is impacted by incedent/maintenance. Would it be possible without creating an additional page and moving two components I'm interested in into it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hi Lana, Welcome to the Community!

Yes, it's possible to subscribe to specific components, but to do so the Statuspage must have enabled component subscriptions, and need to be on a Business Plan or higher.

This page in the StatusPage documentation lists the requirements and how to configure your page to allow component level subscriptions: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-component-subscriptions/

I hope that helps you with configuring your pages.

Cheers,
Scot

john_chong February 23, 2021

Hi Scot,

Does this mean that there can be different RSS feeds for specific components as well?

Thanks,

John

Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hi John
Statuspage provides Email, SMS, Webhook & Slack channels for Incident & Component status - but not RSS.

In regards to specific components - you would receive different updates if these components were included as affected in different incidents. So Incidents that don't involve a component you're watching would not come through as a notification for that component.

Cheers,
Scot

john_chong February 25, 2021

Hi Scott,

So the current RSS feed behind the Subscribe to Updates button is just meant to be a general one for legacy purposes?

Thanks,

John

Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2021

John,

The RSS feed will give you page updates (as per it's definition), but it doesn't goto the granularity of an individual component. So you will get incident details in the feed, but not details about individual components affected.

Cheers,
Scot

john_chong September 21, 2021

Hi Scott,

It just occurred to me but in lieu of custom RSS feeds would a custom embed work for those that currently use a category specific RSS feed on their webpage? i.e. is it possible to generate custom embeds for each of our components?

Thanks!

John

Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2021

Hey John,

I definitely think that should be possible! We have documentation about creating your own custom embed here, for those people who don't want to use our standard embed. You'll need to code and host the embed on your site - we don't provide support for your coding though.

Basically you can create an embed that gets the status of individual components by having it interpret the results from https://<your statuspage url>/api/v2/summary.json and filtering the JSON for the components you want to track.

And in case you're wondering - we do not rate limit to your requests to the Status API, which you can review by accessing https://<your statuspage url>>/api , so feel free to embed away!

- Scot

Like john_chong likes this
john_chong September 22, 2021

Hi Scot,

Thanks for getting back to me with all this information; it has been extremely helpful and I will get back to my team with this to see what we can do to implement it.

Thanks!

John

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events