Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to control the order of components from the statuspage API?

Joey Bloom January 25, 2022

I'm using terraform to maintain a list of components on my statuspage. The components seem to appear on the page in a random order, probably the order in which terraform creates them.

The only method I've found so far to control the component order is to manually drag and drop components into the correct order on the https://manage.statuspage.io/pages/<my-page>/components page. I'd like to be able to control the order of the components in some automated way.

Right now I'm mostly interested in alphabetical order, but I would also be happy with any solution that allowed API control over component order.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hello Joey,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for reaching out about wanting to change the position via the API. It appears that this is something that we don't have available through the API. There was a feature request created for this. I have added this post to that request to show more interest for it. Unfortunately, the only way we have is through the dragging method.

I think what some people have done when setting up their page is to get the components into the order you're looking for up front when creating them and then if new ones come in later, it's an easier time getting them organized. I totally understand that isn't ideal but that's the only thing I have seen as a workaround. My apologies that this isn't a full feature at this time.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events