Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the option names of Component Status, Incident Status or Impact?

Greg Lee June 15, 2021

Is it possible to change the option names for any of the following?   

• Incident Status: Investigating, Identified, Monitoring & Resolved
  • Component Status: Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial Outage, Major Outage & Under Maintenance (affects downtime)
  • Impact: None, Minor, Major& Critical

For example, can I change "Investigating" to "Triaging"? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Hi Greg,

There is no way to change the statuses, they are hardcoded. I think there may be a feature request in the backlog... but as Statuspage doesn't follow the rest of the Atlassian products with using the feature Jira I can't tell you where to go to vote!

I'm waiting for the Atlassian team to give us some direction on how to better manage enhancements.

Apologies for not being able to give you better news!

Cheers,
Nick

Peter Johnson June 15, 2021

Hi @Nick Coates - I see a change for Square US Status (issquareup.com) in the status-names - they use 'everything's great' so I assume this actually is possible if a team has the right resource.  can you confirm what we might need to unlock this?

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

@Peter Johnson I should have added "no way to change the statuses out of the box". It looks like Square is using some custom code that you can inject. Studying their source code it looks like they are using Javascript and setting custom variables:

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 20.03.54.png

You'll need a page that has customization enabled for CSS/HTML/JS which is on Business plan and above. 

Like Greg Lee likes this
Peter Johnson June 15, 2021

that's what I suspected, thanks @Nick Coates - we are considering a large audience for statuspage,  so my team will be happy to have this confirmed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events