Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Statuspage compatible with the free version of Jira Service Management?

Brian B. March 7, 2023

The company I work for uses the free version of Jira Service Management Cloud and I have role permissions of an org admin in Jira Administration and site admin in Jira Service Management. I downloaded the Statuspage for Jira Service Management app but when I attempt to create a Statuspage account for the add-on configuration, I receive an error message of "We can't fulfill your request right now. This product is temporarily unavailable for your site." Over the last couple of weeks, I have attempted multiple times to activate a Statuspage account both from Jira as well as directly from the Statuspage website. I have also removed and added the app a couple different times.

I researched my compatibility question but couldn't find anything related to JSM. I did find a Jira support page that lists incompatible apps with the free Jira Software and Jira Work Management and Statuspage is not listed.

One thing I noticed is that in the App Store and on the "you've successfully dowloaded" message it reference Statuspage for Jira Service Management but in the Manage Apps section it says Statuspage for Jira Service Desk. Not sure if this relevant.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is this a compatibility issue with the free version? If it is compatible, any suggestions on how to address the Statuspage account issue would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian B. March 9, 2023

Statuspage support stated this is due to a known issue (CLOUD-11531) adding Statuspage to an Atlassian Cloud Site

Currently, the workaround is to add Statuspage to a different or new Atlassian site so that after the issue is fixed, you would then be able to add the Statuspage product to your current site and then send Statuspage a request so that they can help you move your page to your current site. So until the issue is resolved you would need to resort to the workaround.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

@Brian B_ Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can use the two free versions of the products together.  It sounds like your issue is getting your status page account to work.  Have you created an account before using your email address?  

Brian B. March 7, 2023

Thank you, Brant.

You are correct, I am having issues getting the Statuspage account to work. I have not previously used my email address to create a Statuspage account.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

@Brian B_ Is the account managed by your company?  Do they already have a status page setup?

Brian B. March 8, 2023

@Brant Schroeder The account is managed by my company and we do not already have a status page set up.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2023

@Brian B_ let me escalate so Atlassian can look at your account. 

Brian B. March 8, 2023

@Brant Schroeder  Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2023

Hi @Brian B_ ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😀

Understand that you encounter some issues while trying to set up the integration between your Statuspage and the Jira Service Management Cloud (free version).

As what @Brant Schroeder suggested, this integration is compatible with the free version of Jira Service Management cloud and it seems we need to take a deeper look into your Statuspage account.

In order to do so, please create a Support Request via this link and our team will help you accordingly.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Brian B. March 9, 2023

@Darryl Lee Ticket created as requested. SPSP-30319

Thank you for your assistance

Like Darryl Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events