Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I extend maintenance time, remove and add some component not work ongoing maintenance time

Kunwar Vaibhav Singh May 4, 2023

Hi,

I tried to update the maintenance component and extend the end time and remove some components during maintenance in progress but it's not work. 

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

Hello Kunwar,

Thanks for your message in the community. Can you help me understand which part is not working for you?

Also, are you using the maintenance automation as described here: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/schedule-maintenance/

I would understand what you were trying to do to see if I can help with the issue you ran into.

Regards,
Jesse

Kunwar Vaibhav Singh May 8, 2023

Thank you for your quick response.

Suppose any maintenance is in progress and I want to extend the end time or add/remove some components which are part of maintenance.

I tried to do the above things but could not reflect on the maintenance record.

Thank you

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hello Kunwar,

If a maintenance is in progress, you can change the end time by changing the length under "schedule and automation" and this will adjust the time of your maintenance. The automation will still apply.

To add components, you can go to your in-progress maintenance, and at the bottom of the page, you can update components by clicking edit and making the changes. I just gave this a try on my test page and was able to make the changes.

I am curious about where this process is breaking down for you. Would you be able to step through what actions you are taking and where it does not work?

Regards,
Jesse

Kunwar Vaibhav Singh May 8, 2023

Hi Jesse,

I am doing it with API not a manual process.

Regards,
Vaibhav Singh

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2023

Hi Kunwar,

Understood! You should still be able to make the changes. I just tried this myself and I was able to use the Update an Incident API and place something like this example in the body:

{
"incident": {
"scheduled_until": "2023-05-09T16:45:00.007Z",
"scheduled_auto_completed": true,
"deliver_notifications": true,
"body": "I changed the components from two components to one",
"components": {
"component_id": "bzw43v666h6r"
},
"component_ids": [
"bzw43v666h6r"
],
"scheduled_auto_transition": true
}
}

By editing the "scheduled_until" time and putting the component_ids in the spots that I showed below, and by making sure things like scheduled_auto_transition were set to true, I was able to set change the time of the maintenance and update the components that were affected by the maintenance. 

Hopefully, that helps correct any issues you were running into. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events