Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like the "from" email to reflect my organization name

Freddy Brea May 4, 2023

noreply=statuspage.io@notifications.statuspage.io; on behalf of; noreply@statuspage.io

I need it to say 

noreply=statuspage.io@notifications.statuspage.io; on behalf of; Barry.edu

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

Hello Freddy,

Thanks for contacting the community with your request to change the "from" email. It is possible to customize your email, though it would not be in the above format. If you wish to know more about custom email domains, you can check this article out here: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/customize-email-notifications/

Please note that custom emails are not available on Free plans.

Usually, emails are sent from noreply@statuspage.io, but you are getting a different result than expected. I am curious if something in place is making the email address appear this way. I would love to understand if you had any information on why your "from" email is showing up like this. Otherwise, the best option would be to use the help document and setup a custom email domain. Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Jesse

Freddy Brea May 8, 2023

Thanks Jesse. I've seen it where it says sent from: noreply@statuspage.io on behalf of XXXXXX  can that be possible? 

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hi Freddy,

That is possible, but it isn't typically sent like that. "On Behalf Of" notation highlights the mismatch between the domain used in the Sender field (mail.example.com) and the domain used in the From field (example.com).

In our case, we typically see this come up when there is a DKIM mismatch. Sometimes, when mail is sent through a security system, that system changes the message in some way by removing hyperlinks or buttons. This manipulation changes the message; thus, DKIM usually fails, and you get the "on behalf of" message. We typically see this a lot with Outlook.

In any case, we can't change the send from email except by following the process I listed in our earlier message. Hopefully, this adds some context to the situation. :)

Regards,
Jesse

Arun Sahijwani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Hi Jesse, 

Thanks for your insights. I wanted to inquire if it would be possible to change noreply@statuspage.io <noreply@statuspage.io> to Digital Alerts <noreply@statuspage.io>

I just want to change noreply@statuspage.io to Digital Alerts so that the organization has more awareness about the team responsible for this. 

Would this be feasible? 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thanks & Best Regards,
Arun

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2024

Hi Arun,

Welcome to the community! This can't be done with the statuspage.io domain, but if you use a custom email domain, you can write out Digital Alerts.

My understanding is there would be a technical limitation for having multiple names associated with the same email address. Also, it could confuse some folks if they see something from Statuspage with a different name associated with it. Hopefully, that adds some context to this. I recommend using a custom domain if you want them to know where it is coming from.

Regards,
Jesse

Arun Sahijwani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

Thanks a million Jesse. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events