Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict what users see on the home Status Page

Chris Milton May 2, 2023

Hi team,

I am relatively new to StatusPage and my organisation is currently in the process of trialling internally before rolling out to customers. Because of the nature of our business and products, we have numerous components, and different customers will be interested in different components. As we're active across multiple markets globally, we even have different users within the same organisation who will be interested in different components (markets).

I have been doing some tests and found an issue (potentially user error on my part!). When a user is subscribed to a specific component, if I trigger an incident for that component, the notifications work perfectly. However, when I log into the home StatusPage as that user I see all previous Maintenance and Incidents, regardless of component. We only want users to see the history which is relevant to their component(s). 

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something we need to use audience specific pages for?

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2023

Hey Chris, thanks for reaching out to us with this question. Considering your use case, you are correct that the way to go would be using an Audience-Specific page - While you can control notifications on a per-component basis on other page types, audience-specific is the only page type that would allow you to limit which components each user has access to view in the page itself.

Manage audience-specific groups and users 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Alan

Chris Milton May 4, 2023

Thanks Alan!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events