Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a component at StatusPage dashboard

irazubaiev March 3, 2023

I'm looking for an option to hide specific component on StatusPage, so it will not be visible on dashboard, and it will not be possible to subscribe to it. However I want this component to be accessible by API with abilities to create an incident, subscribe or update its status. Currently I don't see such option in documentation but If there is any workaround or alternative approach to achieve it - please respond, any help is welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hello @irazubaiev 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community! this is Mubeen.

The ability to hide a component from the external Statuspage is possible when you are creating or updating the component using the API request.

By following the API documentation (create a component or update a component) when you send the request with "only_show_if_degraded": true then the component will only be visible internally on the admin page and will be hidden from external users who have access to the page URL. However, as the name suggests if the Status of this component is changed to anything other than Operational then it will be visible externally too. 

I hope the information provided is helpful. You can test the functionality with the suggested options and let us know if you have more questions. I will be happy to assist.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Antony Swift March 17, 2023

Hello @Mubeen Mohammed 

Please can a new feature request be added for it to be possible to hide components from within the statuspage UI for both public and private pages.

Currently i cant do this, so any changes, or preparation i want to make to improve our public page and it's structure becomes immediately visible, which could cause confusion with our customers.

Kind regards

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

@Antony Swift as @Mubeen Mohammed suggested in the most recent comment, it is do-able and that API endpoints are available for both Public and Private pages.

Please kindly check to see if the suggested approach works by sending API requests to update your current components or create new ones.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Antony Swift March 21, 2023

Hi Darryl,

Thank you. I had understood already that API endpoint were available. My request was for that to also be included within functionality in the UI, such as with a checkbox to hide for each component.

Kind regards

Antony

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2023

Hi @Antony Swift,

Appreciate your clarification and I understand your point.

I have found an existing feature request to make the "hide component" available directly on the UI.

The feature request ticket is STATUS-112.

Please be aware of that all the feature requests for Statuspage are logged on our internal system, our customers DO NOT have visibility to check those tickets.

Therefore, we will keep you posted.

Please also note that the ETA is currently unavailable because our Product team reviews all Feature Requests (FR) jointly and gives priority to implementing those with the highest demand. Any FR will take time to complete because it must go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Appreciation
We greatly appreciate your thoughts on how we might make Statuspage better; it really helps.

In the meanwhile, we apologize for this inconvenience and frustrations this unsatisfactory functionality has created.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Like david jimenez calvo likes this
John W August 28, 2023

Does the "only_show_if_degraded": true parameter work on Audience-specific pages?  I have it enabled but the component is still showing in the dashboard.  

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2023

Hi there John, 

Thanks for writing to Community! Talar here from the Atlassian Statuspage Support team. 

I've done some testing and spoken to our Engineering team - it seems to have stumbled upon a bug. Thank you for reporting it, I have created an internal bug report for our Engineering team to investigate + fix this. 

Regards,
Talar 

John W August 29, 2023

Thanks Talar for the response.  Let me know if/when there are any updates on that bug report.  

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2023

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your feedback, As Talar mentioned a BUG request has been created and STATUS-662 is the ticket ID for your reference. Unfortunately, the Bug ticket doesn't provide public access to our customers, we will keep you posted.

Thank you very much for your feedback on this issue.

Should you have any further inquiries or requests, please reach out to the Statuspage Support Team via this link, and we will be happy to help.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events