Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create past incident on status page using API.

Kunwar Vaibhav Singh April 20, 2023

Hi,

I want to create past incidents on the status page using API because I want to automate the process.

Thanks

Kuvar Vaibhav Singh 

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Hey Kuvar, Alan from the Statuspage support team here, thanks for reaching out with this question. You can create backfilled incidents via the Manage API by using the "Create an incident" endpoint: Endpoint documentation and passing the below parameters to the request:

"backfill_date": "Your desired date here",

"backfilled": true,
This will create a resolved incident that will appear on your incident history with the corresponding date.
Let me know if that answers your question!
Regards,
Alan
Kunwar Vaibhav Singh April 22, 2023

Thanks for the quick response 

I am using the following parameter and am able to create an incident but it's not showing in the incident history.

"name": "ABC",
"backfill_date": "2023-04-20 16:21:44",
"body": "ABC is not working",

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

Hey Kuvar, thanks for getting back to me. I just tested on my side with the below request parameters, and the incident was created successfully and shows up in the "Incidents" tab in the management portal, as well as the "Past incidents" part of the page.

What response are you receiving when sending the request? Could you specify the page ID so we can take a look?

POST https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/incidents

{

"incident": {

"name": "ABC1 TESTING",

"backfill_date": "2023-04-20 16:21:44",

"body": "ABC is not working"

}

}
Regards,
Alan
Kunwar Vaibhav Singh May 4, 2023