Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to POST data into an api.statuspage.io endpoint, getting 404?

Narendra Kadhirvelu October 20, 2021

Hi All,

I have an issue when trying to POST data related to OPERATIONAL status of an application into statuspage API endpoint i.e Page/Page_ID -> Component/Component_ID(the endpoint).

I am running a PYTHON script and able to GET details for the component_id from the endpoint, but getting an ERROR-404 during the POST.

RESPONSE_MESSAGE : b'{"error":"The requested resource could not be found."}'

NOTE : (1) The API_KEY being used is VALID and authorized to access the API. (2) Error out only when we POST.

Please let me know what other details to be checked before making a POST request to the API endpoint, let know if you require any additional information.

Regards,

Naren

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hello Naren,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for the question. For the API, we use PUT and PATCH requests. I am not entirely sure how your code is written but this might be causing the issues you are having if you specifically use POST.

Please take a look here as well to see if you have everything required for the request: https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/putPagesPageIdComponentsComponentId

Hopefully that helps. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Nikolay Kojuharov October 3, 2022

Any way you can add support for POST?  A lot of systems out there (e.g. New Relic) only support POST webhooks.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

Hi Nikolay,

We do support POST on some functionality in our API. Any creation of incidents or components should be using POST while updating incidents or components would be either a PUT or a PATCH since it is not creating a new resource. That would be the only way that our API could accept data so in the case of only being able to work with POST, you would need to take the data from New Relic and put it into a format that our API could accept if you were updating anything that already exists. I don't see this as something that we would be able to change unfortunately. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events