Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many audience-specific pages?

Code Noggin October 4, 2021

I'm evaluating the audience-specific page functionality. Can someone tell me how many pages it would take for the following scenario? Can it be done with just 1 page and user groups?

Components

Acme Portal (North America)
  • Petstore (North America)
  • Warehouse (North America)

Acme Portal (Europe)
  • Petstore (Europe)
  • Warehouse (Europe)

Users

Able: Independant Petstore Owner in Europe
  • a tenant of the Portal service in Europe, and can access its Petstore and Warehouse applications.
Beth: Company store manager in North America
  • a tenant of the Portal service in North America, and can access its Petstore and Warehouse applications.
Cathy: Pet food supplier in North America
  • a tenant of the Portal services in North America and Europe, but can ONLY access the Warehouse applications.

Use Cases

Incident with the Petsore application in North America

• Able: Not notified
  • Beth: Notified
  • Cathy: Not notified

Incident with the Warehouse application in North America

• Able: Not notified
  • Beth: Notified
  • Cathy: Notified

Incident with the Petsore application in Europe
  • Able: Notified
  • Beth: Not notified
  • Cathy: Not notified

Incident with the Warehouse application in Europe
  • Able: Notified
  • Beth: Not notified
  • Cathy: Notified

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hello there,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community. Looking at your user case, this does seem possible to do with one page and a few groups. Let's start by removing the Group components so we just have the components (group components are meant more for categorization)

Components:

• Petstore (North America)
  • Warehouse (North America)
  • Petstore (Europe)
  • Warehouse (Europe)

Groups:

1. North America Portal Group: Beth

• This group can access: Petstore (North America), Warehouse (North America)

2. European Portal Group: Able

• This group can access: Petstore (Europe), Warehouse (Europe)

3. Warehouse User: Cathy

• This group can access: Warehouse (North America), Warehouse (Europe)

Being in these configurations also means they are only notified for when their components have problems so that should match your notifications you have in your setup.

Basically, we are looking at what components you give to someone so when you create an audience specific page, you want to think about all the groups that people can be in, give them access to the components they should have access to, and then funnel users into each of those groups you created. This can all be done on one page, which is the beauty of an Audience Specific page.

Hopefully that helps make it a little more clear but please let me know if you have any questions that I can help out with to make it more clear!

Regards,
Jesse

Perry_Statham October 6, 2021

Thanks Jesse.

Now I need to figure out how this works with SSO. I'm sure I'll be asking about that in other questions.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Heya Perry!

Feel free to throw us a support request if you haven't already. SSO for Audience specific pages needs to be turned on so our Customer Advocate team can turn the feature on for you and we can help you with questions about how it works. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events