Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How email subscriptions work for newly added components

Erhard Czving December 7, 2022

We have a couple of components listed under component groups, but in case of an issue with an unlisted component, we add said component and set it to a degraded status.

An example of how our setup looks like:

- Vehicles ( component group)
       - Buses - Operational
       - Cars - Operational
       - Trucks - Operational

- Buildings
       - House - Operational
       - Flat - Operational

User 1 is subscribed via email to the Vehicles component group only
User 2 is subscribed via email to both component groups

We add a new component under Vehicles - called Bicycles - and set it to Under Maintenance.

Will both users receive an email notification that Bicycles component is Under Maintenance?

I wanted to test this myself, but for some reason, our internal site does not send notifications for component status changes, notifications seem to only work for incidents.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Erhard Czving ,

Happy to help!

This article may help clarify what triggers notifications from Statuspage https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/notification-event-triggers/, as you pointed out, email notifications are not triggered for Component status changes, only Incidents associated with them. So if you were to generate an Incident for that component under "Maintenance" or similar, users would get a notification regarding that. But adding components and changing the status without an associated Incident will not send them a notification. But in the event of an Incident on Bicycles, both users would receive email notifications.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events