Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add a component to an existing incident in Statuspage?

Greg Lee June 4, 2021

I need to add a component that wasn't originally included at creation time of an incident.  

For example, when I created an incident I only specified ComponentA, but after the incident was posted and resolved, I realized that it impacted ComponentB as well. 

Is there a way to add ComponentB to that incident?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Greg Lee ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

At the moment there is no way to add a component to an active incident. I do believe this has been raised with the product team. I'll check with the team and let you know.

The way we have handled this previously at Broadcom is by creating a new incident and duplicating the content. I will admit, this probably has only ever happened once or twice in the 6 years we've had Statuspage.

Note: There currently isn't a great way to request or upvote Statuspage ideas/requests/enhancements. However, this is something I am talking to Atlassian about.

Thanks,
Nick

Greg Lee June 8, 2021

Thanks for the workaround.  It hopefully will be a rare event as you experienced.  Thanks!

Like Nick Coates likes this
GeorgeZ November 17, 2021

Hi,
I have noticed this is now possible, now you have an edit option next to the components affected section.

You are required to publish an update to complete that process so you have to bear in mind that to some subscribers it might be the first communication they see. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events