Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I backup Statuspage?

Frederik Vindum August 9, 2021

Hi all

I am looking into how to backup my Statuspage setup? Anyone have any insights? 

Unlike in Jira, I am unable to find any relevant backup/export menu item. I have no luck finding any online ressources.

Thank you.
/Frederik

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Frederik Vindum , welcome to the Community!

It is possible to export subscribers, which are the largest dataset you'd likely have on any particular Statuspage. This can be done to JSON or CSV format from the interface. Outside of that, it is possible to list particular objects (pages, components, templates, etc) from the REST API, and potentially script a solution to save all those objects locally.

I'd like to understand a little more about your requirements if possible. Are you looking to export everything, with the intention of importing it into another Statuspage subscription? Or is the concern primarily disaster recovery? If it's the latter, we do have database followers that minimize major failures to the order of seconds as well as other disaster recovery methods. Hoping we can provide some guidance to fit your use-case!

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Frederik Vindum August 12, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads , thank you for the kind welcome :-)

And thank you for the quick response. Useful information that gives me insight into the available options.

From what I have read online, I have come to understand that to protect customers cloud configurations Atlassian has extensive system recovery procedures in place. Great!

As pointed out the measures taken primarily pertain system recovery and not the option to rollback data. Therefore my requirement is to enable data rollback using a backup. The use case could be Recover incident deleted by mistake or Recover subscribers deleted by mistake. Makes sense? :-)

/Frederik

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

Awesome, that makes sense. In extreme cases (for example, a malicious employee with admin access) you can contact support, and we will work to assist you as capacity allows. For accidental scenarios like you outlined, I think the REST API is the best bet. You can of course get the subscribers exported through the web interface, but I'm imagining that it would be more stable to run a script as a scheduled job.

I'm not currently aware of any published scripts that will generate a backup, although some folks do use the API to sync subscriber lists with other systems (their own internal directories, list of their customer's administrator contacts, etc). The API methods are there to list and save items as json. Depending on your motivation and expertise, it does seem reasonable to write a backup script.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events