Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting access to Statuspage - Removing default groups

Kyle Darton December 2, 2021

We've installed Statuspage successfully for my organization but have yet to roll out access.  Wondering if removing default groups in my organization from the product access page from StatusPage will affect those groups' access to other products. After installing I'm seeing that there is a statuspage-users and statuspage-administrators group already available.  Could I just use those groups and remove the existing groups we have? We have administrators and site-admins groups that were automatically added to Statuspage.  We don't want to mess up existing user's access to other products that use these groups.

Edit: Please confirm whether removing access for a group within status page will not affect access to other applications within Atlassian like Confluence, Jira etc.

1 answer

1 vote
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Hey Kyle, 

Indeed we've been recommending our customers to remove the product and administration access for the site-admins group as they are eating the team member allocation for your Statuspage organization, and some of our customers don't want this to happen. Removing the site-admin group's product and administrator access from Statuspage doesn't affect other products like Jira or Confluence as this setting will only apply for the Statuspage organization you have. 

Hope that would help, and please, feel free to let us know if anything else comes up, we would be happy to help!

Best regards,

Emirhan from Statuspage 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events