Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Questions

Maurice Horan September 28, 2021

Hi,

I'm currently in the initial stages of evaluating Status page and I have some questions:

1. If I wanted to have a public page for the majority of our customers but a separate, restricted page for one particular customer is this possible?
  2. What is the best way to send out email notifications to a particular set of customers - say for a particular product? 
  3. Finally, the definition of subscribers is someone who I add as a subscriber or someone who subscribes to the updates via the Status page? We will initially just be using email notifications, the statuspage itself and twitter

Appreciate any assistance

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2021

Hello Maurice,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for the questions. Let me see if I can help answer these questions for you:

1. If I wanted to have a public page for the majority of our customers but a separate, restricted page for one particular customer is this possible?
    You can have multiple pages but each page is billed separately. In a case like this, you can have a public page and a private page.

2. What is the best way to send out email notifications to a particular set of customers - say for a particular product? 
    If you are on a public plan at the business tier or higher, you can utilize component subscriptions. This would allow your subscribers to subscribe to only particular things they are interested in receiving notifications. Unfortunately, without component subscriptions, all notifications are sent to everyone on the subscribers section. To learn more about component subscriptions, check this out: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-component-subscriptions/

3. Finally, the definition of subscribers is someone who I add as a subscriber or someone who subscribes to the updates via the Status page? We will initially just be using email notifications, the statuspage itself and twitter
    I think I understand the question. Are you wondering who is considered a subscriber? This article breaks down what counts: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/how-are-subscribers-counted/

Hopefully that all helps out for your questions but if you need any clarification, I would be happy to respond back! I hope you have an excellent day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events