cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications floating out to random users even though it is disabled

Ravi Jethva December 29, 2020

Experts,

Please assist me in a situation here.

I have created a Private Page (No Subscriptions yet) and the Long running Component alert is being sent to every Atlassian users in the organizations even though they aren't added in the Subscribers list.

It is also fishy to see none of the subscribers when it says 2 of 25 Subscribers.

Moreover, under Subscribers -> Options -> Settings, all notifications are Disabled and yet it floats out to random users in the organization.

Please refer to the screen captures as attached and revert if there is any other configuration that is missing to be set and also if it needs to be done by a Site Admin.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Ravi Jethva -

The long running component email being received are not for subscribers, they are for team members in your Statuspage organization. Their profile settings have this enabled by default. To disable this, each team member will need to go to Profile, and toggle off the "Long-running degraded component notifications" for the page.

Statuspage_-_Profile_and_Email_notifications_floating_out_to_random_users_e___.png

Hope this helps!

Ravi Jethva January 4, 2021

Thank you, Mark Campbell-Vincent.

Yes, it is true that individual's configurations are leading to them receiving emails.

However, for instance, say I have created two pages and I would want to disable alerts for one of the pages irrespective of what individual user's configuration is.

So, when the email notification for this particular page is Disabled, should not this stop notifications even if user's profile is set to receive alerts? We hoped it would behave this way.

If this is not currently in practice, please take this as a feedback that whenever notifications from the page is Disabled, it does not send email notifications even though user is set to receive one.

Thanks!

Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Thanks for your response @Ravi Jethva -

Since subscribers and team members are two different type of users, disabling a setting for a subscriber does not necessarily apply to team members. Subscribers receive notifications regarding the incident while team members receive notifications that the incident/component is long running. Disabling email notifications for subscribers does not override the long running notifications for team members because team members are admins on the account. Subscribers are only users subscribed to the page.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events