Displaying the maintenance window while it's in progress

Troy Dunton April 28, 2021

Is there a way to display the scheduled maintenance window (start/end time) on the page while the maintenance is in progress?

Prior to the maintenance beginning, you can see the timeframe next to the incident in the Scheduled Maintenance section and when you click the title of the maintenance. However, once it starts, you don't see it in the incident banner or if you open the incident details page.

Here are two screenshots for when the 'Test Maintenance' incident is in progress. We can see the schedule next to the 'Route 39' maintenance but not anywhere in relation to the 'Test Maintenance' incident in progress.

past incidents and maintenance.jpgtest maintenance banner.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Rick Cox January 31, 2023

Hello Atlassian Team,

Is there any update on this idea (SPSP-19625)? How can we upvote it?

This seems like a pretty obvious gap. We scheduled a maintenance the other day that was longer than our typical 4 hours and everyone was freaking out when it was still going after 4 hours. The users had no way to see what the planned duration was. Yes, they could go look for the email that was sent weeks before but that is not ideal.

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi Troy,

Currently there is no way to do this. However, I logged a request with the Atlassian team a while back for this enhancement. I'll ask our CSM on my call tomorrow what the backlog item is and share it here so you can ask to upvote it.

Thanks,
Nick

Troy Dunton April 28, 2021

Thanks, yeah that would be great. We'd definitely like this feature, too. It hasn't come up often, but it's briefly confusing for customers who then need to go back and find the email that lists the end time.

Like Nick Coates likes this
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

@Troy Dunton SPSP-19625 is the ticket :)

Troy Dunton April 29, 2021

I didn't see this ticket when I searched on jira.atlassian.com

Is there another place where we can upvote these?

Thanks,
Troy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events