Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable public subscriptions, but still allow admins to add subscribers

Joey Recio November 11, 2020

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to disable the ability for end users to subscribe to statuspage notifications, while still allowing admins to add/remove users, and manage notifications. Essentially we want for the statuspage to be available to the public, but for only admins to have the ability to subscribe end users to notifications. 

I tried the options under the Subscribers tab, and if I disable anything in there, it disables the ability to subscribe form the public page ( which is what want) but the disable the ability to add/manage users and notifications form the admin panel. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Joey Recio -

Welcome to the Statuspage community! You can solve this by using custom code found on our css and javascript document: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/

The "Changing the subscribe button" section provides CSS and JS code that allows you to hide the subscribe button so that end users don't have the option to subscribe from the public page. This will allow admins to control who is subscribed from the admin panel. You can input the CSS/JS code by going to "Your page" > "Customize page and emails" > "Customize HTML & CSS".

Statuspage_-_Customize_page.png

Hope this helps!

Joey Recio November 13, 2020

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for so thank you for your help and fast response!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events