Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crete incident with a specific component status

lucasalcantaraf April 29, 2021

I am following the developer doc for the API but when creating a new incident you can pass the
"components": {
"component_id": "operational"
},
and in the component id you put the status of the component will have. I am trying to create an incident with "major_outage" but it does not apply to the affected component and always shows "operational".
this is an example of what I am sending
{
"incident": {
"body": "Incident descriptiopn",
"component_ids": [
"<my-component-id>"
],
"components": {
"component_id": "major_outage"
},
"impact_override": "major",
"name": "test Incident",
"status": "investigating"
}
}

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

I think maybe the API documentation is wrong because you wouldn't be passing a component_id through for a status... If you look at the Component endpoint, you pass through the 'status'. 

Maybe try replacing component_id in the components block with "status": "major_outage" and see if that works?

Thanks,
Nick

Hey Nick,

Thank you for your message.

I tried what you mentioned but it does not work as well. 

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Ok so I was on a call with our CSM and one of the support engineers about another issue and I mentioned this to him (figured he wouldn't mind) ... the documentation isn't clear. You need actually put in the ID of the component rather than "component_id"

e.g.

"123456abc": "major_outage"

Atlassian will work on making it clear in the API docs. Hopefully the above will now work for you!

Hi Nick,

It works, thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events