Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Maintenance Event via API

Joshua Aldridge August 10, 2020

Has anyone created maintenance posts to statuspage from the API?  The goal is to automate a webhook from JIRA or another tool for the purposes of change management.  I don't see anything about creating a maintenance post from the documentation, only incidents. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Joshua Aldridge 

Maintenances are a type of Incident when it comes to Statuspage. You'll need to call the 'Create an incident' API endpoint. You then have options to add in the scheduled dates/times, scheduled automation etc.

More information here: https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/postPagesPageIdIncidents

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick Coates
Statuspage Product Owner, Broadcom Inc.

Joshua Aldridge August 11, 2020

Thanks!

Rajat Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2021

@Nick Coates Can we have an example of scheduling Maintenance using "Create an incident" API

curl https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/<page_id>/incidents \ 
-H "Authorization: OAuth <API_KEY>" \
-X POST \
-d "incident[name]=fakemaintenance" \
-d "incident[status]=scheduled" \
-d "incident[body]=faking maintenance" \
-d "incident[scheduled_for]=2021-08-012T06:00:00.007Z" \
-d "incident[scheduled_until]=2021-08-012T08:00:00.007Z"

I am getting an error here

{"error":"incident[scheduled_for] is invalid, incident[scheduled_until] is invalid

This might be a small syntax issue, But it would be better to have an example for maintenance in official doc 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events