Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of issues causing for ADA (accessibility) customers.How to fix them?

Shivraj Waghmare September 9, 2021
  • Legends doesn't make any sense to have on the page
  • Hover text available for the icons and the visible text are different
  • When the component has Degraded performance as the status, the entry is removed from the list and appears empty cell
  • Check with content team on the page title

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

I can see you have a lot of questions about statuspage's html and layoyt, but there's a lot of potential for duplication of effort in answering them all separately.

I think you should gather together all the questions you've got and ask them in one big question.  You'll still probably get separate answers for most of them, but if it's all in one place, you won't be having to jump around and all the answerers won't be repeating or contradicting each other in different threads.  It'll also make it easier to turn into a support or improvement request if it needs to go to Atlassian.

Shivraj Waghmare September 17, 2021
  1. The status pages gets auto updated in every X minutes which caused the below issues

• If 'Subscribe to Incident' pop-up is opened, it gets closed once the auto-update happens
    • When the user is working on any other tab or browser, the status page interrupts the current work and gets launched on top of the current browser once the auto-update happen
  2.  Contrast ratio doesn't meet the required contrast ratio of 4.5:1 for the below elements:

Incident link/tile, Keep me updated button and the timestamp of Incident status 

Links and text at the bottom of 'Subscribe to Incident' pop-up and Subscribe to incident button

3. ID attribute used for the elements in Status Page are not unique
  4. Logo doesn't have an alternative text defined
  5. Page doesn't have landmarks defined
  6. Page doesn't have heading level 1 defined
  7. Content is getting truncated when the browser is zoomed to 200%
  8. Focus indicator/Dotted line is not visible while navigating to the below CTAs:

• Incident link/Keep me updated button
    • X button in Subscribe to incident pop up
    • Cloud Terms of Service, Privacy Policy , Terms of service links

Focus indication is available while navigating to Give updates via text message and Subscribe to Incident button but it is not clearly visible

9. X button, edit fields, combo box in Subscribe to incident pop up doesn't have a programmatic name
  10. Heading level defined for 'Subscribe to incident' in the pop-up is not appropriate
  11. Color contrast of X icon in 'Subscribe to incident' pop-up is less than the required ratio of 3:1
  12. 'Subscribe to incident' pop-up is getting truncated when Reflow is applied
  13. Focus is lost on selecting Keep me updated link
  14. Other issues:

• Legends doesn't make any sense to have on the page
    • Hover text available for the icons and the visible text are different
    • When the component has Degraded performance as the status, the entry is removed from the list and appears empty cell
    • Check with content team on the page title

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events