Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cookies on StatusPage

tue May 25, 2020

When visiting our status page, I see the following cookies in my browser: 

• ajs_anonymous_id
  • ajs_group_id
  • NID

From what I can tell, these are Atlassian's and Google's tracking cookies. Since they are not essential, is there a way to avoid setting them unless a site visitor explicitly opts in?

Under GDPR, for example, the website must receive the user's consent before setting any cookies except strictly necessary ones.

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Sharp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

@Mark Campbell-Vincent This seems like a poor decision that we'd outright remove an important feature - why not include the options to opt in / out of cookies upon site load like most modern sites do today?

Denise Day
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

@Justin Sharp thank you for sharing your feedback. In-product cookie controls are currently on our cloud roadmap for Q2 2024. See here for more details. 

Like Justin Sharp likes this
0 votes
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @tue -

While these were in use to power a usage analytics feature inside of our product, we did understand that these cookies would require end-user consent in certain regions of the world. To avoid any compliance issues, we have made the decision to disable and remove these cookies outright. While this does unfortunately break the page analytics feature, it does address tracking concerns. These have already been removed in production systems.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions related to cookies, but note that no further action is needed from your end regarding this change.

Carlos Brisketberlin November 5, 2021

Hello Mark, how can I turn off this Cookies? I am in Germany and I need to turn this cookies off or install a CMP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events