cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cookies on StatusPage

tue
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2020

When visiting our status page, I see the following cookies in my browser: 

• ajs_anonymous_id
  • ajs_group_id
  • NID

From what I can tell, these are Atlassian's and Google's tracking cookies. Since they are not essential, is there a way to avoid setting them unless a site visitor explicitly opts in?

Under GDPR, for example, the website must receive the user's consent before setting any cookies except strictly necessary ones.

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Sharp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

@Mark Campbell-Vincent This seems like a poor decision that we'd outright remove an important feature - why not include the options to opt in / out of cookies upon site load like most modern sites do today?

Denise Day
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

@Justin Sharp thank you for sharing your feedback. In-product cookie controls are currently on our cloud roadmap for Q2 2024. See here for more details. 

Like Justin Sharp likes this
Brian Feinberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 23, 2024

@Denise Day I see the cookie acknowledgement feature now live when I log into the administrator view for statuspage.  What I don't see is this being applied to the client facing statuspage where at a minimum it is setting cookies for recaptcha.  Was this included in this feature?

Denise Day
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2024

Hi @Brian Feinberg - are you referring to admin.atlassian.com when you are referring to 'administrator view for statuspage'?

In-product cookie preferences, once set, are synced across most of Atlassian's cloud products, and can be changed by going to Account>Privacy. 

Client facing statuspage is one of the exceptions, because it is a custom domain. For client facing statuspage, you can set/edit your cookie preferences using your browser options.

Brian Feinberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2024

@Denise Day thanks for the response.  The client facing status page is of primary concern for me.  There has been rulings in the past by the French CNIL that found that use of reCAPTCHA was not an essential cookie and that it required to ask for consent.  This maybe short sighted, because the sole purpose of reCAPTCHA is to prevent bots, and requiring consent defeats the point if you can turn it off.  That being said here is a  relevant article here: https://www.cnil.fr/en/geolocation-rental-scooters-cityscoot-fined-eu125000

We cant rely on client/browser based controls here.

Denise Day
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2024

@Brian Feinbergsorry if my previous response was not clear.

I'd like to clarify that we're not relying on browser controls. Custom domains should still be getting cookie banners, but the preferences will be stored locally (rather than synced with your Account>Privacy settings). Preferences for that page can be updated by clearing cookies which will trigger the banner to re-prompt. 

Does that address your concern? 

0 votes
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2021

Hi @tue -

While these were in use to power a usage analytics feature inside of our product, we did understand that these cookies would require end-user consent in certain regions of the world. To avoid any compliance issues, we have made the decision to disable and remove these cookies outright. While this does unfortunately break the page analytics feature, it does address tracking concerns. These have already been removed in production systems.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions related to cookies, but note that no further action is needed from your end regarding this change.

Carlos Brisketberlin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 5, 2021

Hello Mark, how can I turn off this Cookies? I am in Germany and I need to turn this cookies off or install a CMP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events