Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component sub-groups

Murilo Ribeiro - INFOMACH October 2, 2023

Hi!

I need sub-groups on my statuspage, what's the status of the STATUS-43 ? Subgoups would be very useful to me.

1º product name (group)

2º region (subgroup)

3º specific service (component)

This is possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2023

Hello Murilo,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. STATUS-43 is still in a state of "gathering interest." Right now, the idea is that if you need more grouping, we recommend starting a new page. This way, you could have your product be at the page level, then have regions be your group components, and the specific service be your component.

I will add this community post to our open feature request to continue showing interest in the feature. Thanks for reaching out to the community. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Darren_Burrows October 4, 2023

Hey Jesse, 

Are there any plans to make statuspage feature requests visible to the user base? From reading these forums it seems that their prioritised based on demand, but where the user base has no real idea that a request exists, we don't obviously know if a request exists that we can add demand to.. 

In the case of STATUS-43, for example, we ended up working around it, because we suspected if we put in a feature request we'd have to come up with a work around in the near to mid term anyway, which makes me wonder how many other features like this arent getting the support they deserve because its often easier and faster to just work around it, rather then fire off a feature request and hope its already at the top of the list. 

I'm also not convinced as to the efficacy of hidden feature requests, since I know things that we've asked to be implemented have been, but yet we've been told that the devs haven't even started to look at the specific request we submitted. 

A lack of transparency here is actually harming your products ability to improve. 

Murilo Ribeiro - INFOMACH October 4, 2023

Thank you @Jesse Klein for the answer.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your perspective and have forwarded this to our product team and our support enablement team for further consideration. While this is not something the team plans on doing soon, there are ongoing discussions about this, and these are the teams that would benefit from your comments. 

Statuspage uses feature requests and bugs as one avenue for its product roadmap. While we prioritize some things based on customer demand, these requests are only one piece. The team also considers the product direction and mission and the impact of the feature/bug when deciding what goes on the roadmap.

Hopefully, that adds a little context to the operations. That said, I would love to see this open for everyone so that we can better understand who is interested in certain features. Thank you for your continued passion. Please feel free to reach out if there are any other suggestions or comments.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events