Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component sub-groups

Ed Crawford March 3, 2023

For our platform it would be really good to be able to have multi-level grouping of components rather than just one level. I know other status page services offer this. Will Atlassian be developing statuspage further to add something like this (or anything new?!?!). We use statuspage because it was an obvious choice for an organisation who is already using a number of Atlassian products BUT it seems pretty basic in terms of features/configuration.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hello @Ed Crawford 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community! this is Mubeen.

The ability to create subgroups under the component group option is currently not possible with the Statuspage product design. However, we have an open feature request with our engineering team. STATUS-43 is the ticket ID for your reference.

You can also read about our feature implementation policy.

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mohammed Mubeen

Cloud Support Engineer

James Tompkins March 14, 2023

We would also like to see mulltiple levels of components, or sub components.   I would like to add our use case and comments to the featuree request.  How do I find STATUS-43?  Hint: a link would be nice.

Like # people like this
Johann B May 23, 2023

Seems they aren't able to provide a link or even a location to add a feature request as these are only tracked internally by Atlassian. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-questions/suggesting-a-feature-for-Statuspage/qaq-p/1527105

Like # people like this
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hey James, Johann, 

That is correct, we track all of our Statuspage tickets internally at the moment. We share the ticket reference in case you want to get updates for this specific ticket from our support team. 

The full link would be https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STATUS-43 

Thanks,

Egor

Maksim Nesterenko June 12, 2023

so what's the status of the STATUS-43 ? Subgoups would be very useful to have a hierarchy of services like 

* product name (group)

** region (subgroup)

*** specific service (component)

Are there any timelines on when it'll be available?

Like Darren_Burrows likes this
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2023

Hi Maksim,

This is still under consideration by my product team as it's not a very popular request. However, this could always change. Feel free to check in in a few months to see if the status has been updated. 

Best,
Abraham
Statuspage Support 

Darren_Burrows October 2, 2023

Is their anyway to float requests like this further up your priority list? You mentioned that its not a very popular request, is this based on customer feedback or internal views? 

I think have StatusPage feature requests visible would be beneficial for everyone, since it would allow the wider user group to vote on things like this - I know in terms of sub groups, we worked around it, since we decided it was easier to do this than to put in a request and wait, which makes me wonder how many other feature requests have been overlooked by users because they have work arounds in place. 

Like Maksim Nesterenko likes this
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2023

Hey @Darren_Burrows

The priority of a feature suggestion is based on multiple factors. Since Statuspage feature requests are private we collect the data on how many customers asked for that functionality and add it to the internal ticket. In addition to that, we take insights from our support teams, product analytics, research findings, and more. This information, combined with our medium- and long-term product and platform vision, determines what we implement and its priority order.

As for making the Statuspage feature requests public, I shall forward your feedback to the appropriate team and this is something already being actively considered. In the meantime, we are making sure to convey the status of the feature requests with our customers as readily as possible whenever they reach out via any of our Support channels and mention any workarounds where possible to ensure that the requirements are fulfilled to the best of our abilities.

Hope this sufficiently answers your query and please feel free let us know if you need any further assistance.

Rathish.Gopalakrishnan February 28, 2024

Hi Atlassian team,
Do you have any update on the ETA for this request as we are heavily relying on the 'multi-level grouping of components' feature to be introduced in our project?

Thanks,

Russell Chee
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2024

Hey @Rathish.Gopalakrishnan,

I hope you are well and thank you for your interest in this feature request.

I would like to set expectations that we cannot guarantee an ETA on a feature request being implemented this is determined by our product team alongside our development team.

Having said that what I can do is add your voice to the conversation and share your use case as part of the internal comments on the feature request itself. 

I can understand how a functionality like this would be useful for you and your team so please keep an eye on this community post for updates or reach out to us in a support ticket to find out any updates. Have a great one!

Russell

0 votes
dmitry_korolev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

+1 for this feature request.

In our organization we would like to have another level of nesting for internal status pages to display additional level of granularity, which is very useful for internal communications.

0 votes
Massimo Gelli February 23, 2024

Hy,

We also need to have a group hierarchy and are interested in the possible release date

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
February 23, 2024

Hello @Massimo Gelli 
Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, we can't guarantee an ETA as our product team will make a decision together with our development team. The Product team reviews all feature requests and prioritizes those with higher demand to be implemented first. Any FR will take a varied amount of time until is ready if considered since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to production. You can follow the URL to further understand the feature implementation policy.

I have added this request internally to the Feature request for the engineering teams' visibility. 

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events