Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component appearing in multiple Component Groups

John Walker November 24, 2021

Hi - searched and can't see anything on this.

I wanted to know if there is any capability for a COMPONENT to be included in several COMPONENT GROUPS.

We have common components that are consumed within our Products (the component groups).  It's difficult to manage across the many Products/Component groups when there is an impact on the child component.

Any ideas if this is possible (tried on the UI and doesn't seem to be) but open to hear any suggestions from statuspage experts.

Thank you 

1 answer

9 votes
Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2021

Hi there John, 

Thanks for writing in to Statuspage Community, I'm Talar from the Atlassian team, happy to help.

At this time a single component cannot be added to multiple groups - having said this, we have a feature request in place with our product team requesting the option to be added. I have gone ahead and added your request to this ticket. 

If you'd like to share your use-case we may be able to suggest another way for you to achieve your goal. If you prefer to share your use-case privately please feel free to reach out and create a ticket and we can assist you further :) 

Regards,
Talar

Tim Dolson February 15, 2022

We have the same exact scenario as described by @John Walker where a Component (Product) can be a member of multiple Component Groups (i.e. sales packages).  Our support team needs to be able to update a Component just once and have all Component Groups updated.

While you're at it, please make it possible to share a Component across, for example, internal and external pages. Piece of cake, I'm sure. :)

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Hey there Tim, 

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll pass this onto our product team! 

We're always happy to hear from our customers and hear what features they'd like to see added to our products :) 

Regards,
Talar 

Tim Dolson February 16, 2022

Thanks, Talar.  Is it possible for me to track the feature request that you have in place to address this?

Tim

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
February 16, 2022

Hey Tim, 

Our feature requests are internally facing - if you wanted an update, you would always set up a ticket with us at https://support.atlassian.com and we'll be happy to check on its progress for you! 

Regards,
Talar 

Tim Dolson February 17, 2022

Talar,

Does Atlassian provide an avenue by which a customer can fund product (not custom) development for something like this?

Tim

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2022

Hey Tim, 

Short answer, no. 

However, you could have a chat to one of our Atlassian Partners about putting together a custom solution for you. 

Hope that helps! 

Regards,
Talar

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hello, @Talar Pavlovic !

I too have a client that is interested in this functionality, especially since they are on the Enterprise plan.  Please let me know how I can follow the feature request.

Tim Dolson February 28, 2022

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ :) don't forget to vote...early and often :D for this.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2022

Hey there Robert! 

Thanks for writing in to Community!

At this time the request is internally facing, but if you wanted to pop through a ticket to ask about its progress, we'd be happy to check in with our Engineering Team for you.

Regards,
Talar 

Uthayan Nadarajah June 18, 2023

Hello Atlassian team,

Is there any update on this feature?

Thanks,

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2023

Hi there Uthayan, 

Thanks for writing in to Community! 

At this time, the Engineering team is still gathering interest for this feature - as such it's not on the roadmap at this point. 

Regards,
Talar 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events