Chart shows downtime on the wrong day, and with incorrect durations

Eric Jain February 2, 2021

Just set up bloomtext.statuspage.io and added some incidents for a "bloomtext.com" component. These all show as expected on the public page in the "Past Incidents" section. But the "Uptime over the past 90 days" chart is wrong:

For example, despite downtime from Feb 118:30-19:00 PST, and a partial outage 18:30-19:00 PST, the chart shows "No downtime recorded on this day" for Feb 1. Meanwhile, Feb 2 has both a "Major outage" and a "Partial Outage", but just 1 minute each...

Any idea what's going wrong here?

1 answer

2 votes
Iñigo Gonzalez
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2021

Hello Eric,

in your statuspage main page the data shown is correct, so I suppose the wrong one you mention is in the uptime section.

I'm not sure but I think that the data in the main page represents the date you put into the incident, while the one in uptime represents the component state per day.

So you created an incident for component A on February the 2nd (this will create an incident that day, and put the component outage status for that day), and then you edit the date to February the 1st (the incident's day changes while the component's outage one doesn't). So the component's outage is marked as February the 2nd and not the incidents day.

Indeed you can create an incident without changing the component's status so it shouldn't even appear on the historical uptime

Hope this helps you

Eric Jain February 3, 2021

I did in fact create the incident after the fact, and then set all the times and dates. If the uptime stats ignore edits, that explains the 1 minute downtimes on the wrong date... Can someone from Atlassian confirm that this is a known issue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events