Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characters in Statuspage component email addresses

TonyG October 25, 2021

I am trying to automate Site24x7 email notifications into Statuspage.

I have to sign up the component to Zoho to subscribe to the email notifications.

Statuspage gives components email addresses like:
component+633478c-si554a@notifications.statuspage.io

But Zoho does not allow '+' in email addresses so I cannot sign up the component to Zoho which means it cannot receive email notifications.

Is there anyway around this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Hello Tony,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Just so we are on the same page, Zoho would just need to be able to send emails to the component email address like it shows here: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/get-started-with-email-automation/

If you are already trying that but zoho doesn't allow emails to be sent with the '+' character in the email address, then you might not be able to utilize this feature.

What you might be able to do instead is to utilize the API to accomplish this. The https://developer.statuspage.io/ has Update Component. If Zoho can trigger a change and then make this call to the API, that might be an alternative.

One important thing to note about automation is that email automations are not perfect. It can take time for an email to come in so if flapping occurs on your component, a change could be missed. The API method is much faster and is less likely to miss any changes. Just something to note.

Hopefully that helps you out. I hope that you have a fantastic day. Please feel free to reach out if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Jesse

TonyG October 28, 2021

Thanks Jesse, I will have a look into this and let you know how it goes.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Sounds great Tony! We're here if needed!

Regards,
Jesse

TonyG October 31, 2021

Hi Jesse,

I had a look through Site24x7's docs and contacted their support.

In the end they told me they could not push changes in a components status to a third party service via their API.

I have been looking at the web hooks docs for Statuspage and Site24x7's docs on webhooks integration and wondering if I could update the Statuspage component via a webhook from Site24x7?

From what I can see it is possible to send notifications from Statuspage via webhooks to third party services but it is not possible to update the Status of a component in Statuspage from a third party service by web hooks?

Is that correct?

Kind regards,
Tony

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2021

Hi Tony,

That is correct. We have webhook subscriptions where we will send data to your webhook but we do not have the other way around.

If there is no way to have your monitoring service create something, I think the answer here might be where you get information from your Site24x7 using there API, script something to put their data into something that is readable by the Statuspage API, then use the Statuspage API to post the data.

I understand that would be a bit of work but I am not seeing many other options. I hope you have a great start to the week!

Regards,
Jesse

TonyG November 1, 2021

Hi Jesse,

OK thank you for letting me know, I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Tony

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2021

Glad to help! I hope you have a great week!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events