Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you display uptime for the calendar quarter?

chip.vonburg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2022

By default, Statuspage shows the uptime for the previous 90 days. Our company's contractual SLA's are measured in Calendar Quarters and Annually.

Of course you can go through and look at each month and calculate the Quarter or Years uptime on your own, but is there someway to display this by default on one of the pages in Statuspage?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hello there,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for the question around the uptime showcase. Unfortunately, this tool was built to show folks a glance of what your uptime looks like and was not really made to be used as the contracts for SLAs, which is why we do not have a quarterly or annual uptime.

A few things to note is that we recommend looking at this article, which discusses how uptime is tracked: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/display-historical-uptime-of-components/

The calculation we use is as follows: (Major outage minutes + (partial outage minutes * .3)) / total minutes in the period

I would also point out that we highly recommend using monitoring software to track your SLAs as the Statuspage Uptime showcase is not as accurate as monitoring software can be.

All that being said, if you are looking to get quarterly and yearly, you would have to do the calculations yourself unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to try and clarify for you.

Regards,
Jesse

chip.vonburg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2022

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the response, this really helps

-- Chip

Like Jesse Klein likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events