Can you add System Metric for your Atlassian Stack on Statuspage?

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

We have currently setup several components on our statuspage, mainly focusing on our Atlassian stack: Jira, JSM, Confluence & Opsgenie.

Is there a way to also add system metric for these components?

I currently only have the option to add the following 3rd parties:

image.png

Within the Metrics tab you can use to add your own data. Is this possible for the products mentioned above?

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Howard Nedd ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 

Please note that the System Metrics feature is a way for your monitoring tools to report the metrics of your target services/platforms to your Statuspage via API POST requests.

The common purposes for System Metrics are set to monitor:

• API response time

• Web server uptime

• Average time an outbound request sits on a queue

• Max time an incoming piece of data sits on a queue before ingested

• Average time before first reply on customer support requests

• Current exception rate of all requests

With the Third-party data sources, Statuspage accepts the metrics data reporting from your own monitoring platforms including Pingdom, New Relic, Librato, and Datadog to monitor your target services/platforms.

Documentation of System Metrics

The target services/platforms that you would like to monitor are the Atlassian stacks which are all running & health-maintaining on Atlassian Cloud, which makes the System Metrics may not be ideal in this case. 

The feature that I would recommend to you is the Third-party Components.

With that feature, you can add and subscribe to the Atlassian stacks as your Components to keep posted with the statuses officially updated by Atlassian.

I have just confirmed, this feature includes Jira, JSM, Confluence, and Opsgenie.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events