Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import a list of people as subscribers to statupage?

Hans Chr. Gronsleth March 25, 2019

Hi. We use the status page. Great tool. But we only have less than 300 subscribers. We promote it, but people do not subscribe. So for our Admin users, I would think about importing a list (9000) users. 

• Is this possible?
  • When importing, will they be notified that we have added them to the subscription service?
  • Can we create the message?
  • Is there an API we can call when we get new users to our services?

2 answers

1 vote
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

Yes, there is an import and export option in the 'Notifications' section. We've done this at Symantec for several of our pages.

You cannot customise the message, it uses the same mechanism as someone who self-subscribes.

I'd recommend testing with a small set of subscribers first (maybe internal email address or SMS numbers). Instructions can be found here, but see below for quick steps.

1. Log into Statuspage
  2. Navigate to 'Notifications'
  3. Click on the 'Cog' icon next to the title 'Subscribers' and 'Import subscribers'
    Setings.png

4. Follow the instructions to complete the .csv file and then import

I've done this several times and it's worked great every time.

Thanks,

Nick

0 votes
Sophie Reynolds April 1, 2019

I second Nick's response! We had few self-subscribers so imported them and the process is straightforward.

We used active user reports for all of our major applications to make sure we only subscribed users to the components they would be interested in and to avoid the backlash of over subscribing! This meant capturing each component code which is simple enough

The message is the same so we blogged about why we did it and gave instructions on how the users can then update the subscription themselves

Happy subscribing!

Sophie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events