Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I configure status embed per component?

Shad Hinds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

I would like to utilize status embed but I would like to utilize it at the component level.  Not sure if this is supported utilizing the component API key or something like that.  I have multiple applications within the same platform and don't want an in app notification on all applications if I have a single component having an issue.   

2 answers

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2024

Hi Shad,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out about configuring status embed. The status embed feature does not have the granularity to function based on specific components.

What you may be able to do is create one using the build-your-own as a starting point. Maybe there's a way to use the Status API to see which components are down and then only show the status embed when it matches. This would likely require extra scripting to accomplish this. Hopefully, that helps get you started.

Regards,
Jesse

0 votes
Kevin Patterson July 3, 2024

Hi @Shad Hinds

The Status Embed "Recommend Embed" option does not have the flexibility to restrict down to the component level. For this you will need to select the "Build your own" option.

I used the build your own option to create an embedded status for a single component and next scheduled maintenance details for that component. To do this I wrote a simple javascript that fetches the component details via the statuspage restapi. I'm display the Component Status, a link to an incident if one is associated to the component and then display the next scheduled maintenance activity if their is one associated to the component in statuspage. I used the link at the bottom of the page "your page API docs" as a guide to write my own script. If you haven't already i'd recommend looking at the your page API docs link on your statuspage or review the public documentation here: https://developer.statuspage.io/

Here is a screenshot of what the end result was using the "build your own" option. I hope this helps put you on the right track.

statuspage example.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events