Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Atlassian Admins be deleted as users in Statuspage?

Jessica Allingham August 28, 2020

We have four site admins in our atlassian accounts, and by default all of them are added as users inside of status page. They will NEVER use this product and are increasing our user count needlessly, making it impossible for us to add the actual users we would want managing it without increasing the subscription cost. 

Can these admin users be deleted or are they just counted as users no matter what?2020-08-28_9-08-19.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Dronov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2020

Hello Jessica,

Currently, users with "site admin" and "trusted user" role by definition have access to all of the products on a given site. I know, this may be inconvenient when you have a lot of users in this role and they are not going to use some products.

We are working on more granular controls of this, so you'd be able to revoke Statuspage access from selected site admins (so they no longer count towards team member limit on your pricing plan). This is something you may expect in the next few months.

So what can you today, if you can't wait? One work around could be to spin up Statuspage product on a separate site, where you can assign "site admin" role only to relevant users. 

Jessica Allingham August 28, 2020

Very helpful! Thank you for the information, I will keep experimenting with the trial and see if we can wait to publish until this granular control gets setup.

Stijn Van Hoecke July 2, 2021

Hello Victor,

Almost a year ago you mentioned this is something we may expect in a few months... I'm in a similar situation where we have multiple organisation admins and additional site admins, all 4 of them get added to my StatusPage team, which means, I'm already at the limits of the first subscription without even adding any team members that need to work with the tool.

Is there anything being done about this? It's ridiculous that all admins on both site and org level get automatic access to everything clogging the user licenses of all products simply because they are the ones holding the credit card. None of the organisation admins in my environment require *functional* access to any of the products, but they still consume licenses.

Even the workaround with having a separate site is completely useless if the organisation admins gain automatic access so this workaround doesn't even work in my use case.

When can we expect proper management of licenses?

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hello Stijn, 

You you now have the ability to remove “site-admins” and "administrators" from having product-access. Please check for product access under site-settings. 

See screenshots below: you'll want to remove the "site- admins and/or administrators" group-under options- from both product and admin access (make sure it's both!) and just double check that those users are not in the "statuspage-users" default access group. 

site-delete-product-access.jpgsite-delete-admin_access.jpg

This should allow you to make sure that site/org admin are not clogging up any user licenses on SP. Feel free to reply here if you have concerns and/or reach out to support as well.

Like # people like this
Stijn Van Hoecke July 7, 2021

Talking about a well hidden feature...

I managed to remove all groups and just keep the statuspage specific groups in both user and administration tabs (both groups only have my account associated with them), but for some reason when creating a new page on the "invite team" step it still shows another organisation admin that isn't part of neither group... how is that happening still?

I really think we should just have the ability to manage team members the same way it's dealt with in plain Jira projects so we can see what's actually happening.

How can I make sure that I'm the only one having access to statuspage?

Current setup:
- Product access: statuspage-users (only my account in this group)
- Administration access: statuspage-administrators (only my account in this group)

Yet both still say "2 users" on the product access page... where does statuspage pull this second user from?

Users in the user group:

group.PNGproduct access.PNGusers.PNG

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2021

Hi Stijin, 

You should be able to delete that member from statuspage-users access group by going under the 3 dots to the right and clicking show group's details. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.57.02 PM.png

You should be able to to remove them from the statuspage-users groups. They may have been added at some earlier time. 

Screen_Shot_2021-07-07_at_12_57_20_PM.jpg

Let us know if you have any other questions, and of course feel free to reach out to support as well. 

Stijn Van Hoecke July 9, 2021

That's the issue... as you can see in my included screenshots, that access group only has 1 member (=me)... yet it still says "2 users have access". The other user that has acces is nowhere in the users nor administrator group. So Statuspage gives access to that user, even though they are not in any of the access groups.

0 votes
Yuri Bushnev January 12, 2021

Is there any update on the related feature request/limitation? 

Seems very strange as having lots of trusted users and purchasing StatusPage software we end up having 0/15 seats for people supposed to be using StatusPage. 

And such things you can't expect trialing the product (quite hidden stone). 

Victor Dronov
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2021

Hi Yuri,

The goal of the Trusted User role is to easily provide users with access to all products on your Atlassian site, including Statuspage. If this is not what you want - you will need to change their permissions to Basic User and pick and choose products this users should have access to (for example, Jira and Confluence, but not Statuspage, etc.).

Yuri Bushnev January 12, 2021

Thanks, Victor for such amazingly fast response.

But what if there is a case when our admins need to be able to add more users to Jira while we don't need them to have access to StatusPage as a user? 

Following this thread it seems "The only difference between a Jira administrator and a Trusted user is that the trusted user can invite users". So it basically means we need to keep such users at least as trusted in order they can invite other users to Jira.

Thanks,

Yuri.  

Victor Dronov
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2021

Yuri,

The alternative ways could be to...

• let anyone with a certain email domain, e.g. your company domain to join Jira (this won't require everyone to be a Trusted user)
  • set up Statuspage on a separate site within the same org (so that you'll have a site with Jira/other products, and another isolated site with just SP on it)

I do realize these may not work perfectly for your particular situation, but at least you will be able to resolve the current problem.

If you are on a paid plan, you may want to open up a ticket with our Support team for further assistance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events