Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk import of Audience Specific Pages users fails to import SMS number info

James Collins February 21, 2022

Hello,

I've an Atlassian ticket open on this too but as I've heard nothing helpful back, trying the Community.

When I utilize the Audience Specific Pages import mechanism as described here:

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/import-users-for-audience-specific-pages/

I find the the SMS subscription information is not imported for the users, rather only the email shows up after they are created.

Can any member of the community provide the following:
* An example Audience Specific Page User import CSV file which has worked, including importing SMS subscription information
* A script which instead uses the Statuspage API to create an Audience Specific Page User, including both email and SMS subscription information

Greatly appreciated,
- James

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2022

Hello James,

I believe we are already talking on the ticket together around this but to add some more context here:

When you use the CSV to add page access users and you add their email and SMS information, it should create the user and then subscribe them. To find out if they are subscribed, you can go to Audience and click on a user > edit user and then find subscriptions. This should show the email and the SMS they used.

One important thing to note about page access users and subscriptions is that they are separate things and the piece that ties them together is the email address. You can have a page access user with no subscriptions at all.

The reason I bring this up is around scripting. It might be possible to do but it would require creating the page access user and then updating their subscription, which might be more challenging in the API. 

Hopefully that extra context helps. I will continue to work with you on the ticket you have open with us.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events