Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic understanding

Aditi Goel May 18, 2022

I have gone through the topics here regarding Statuspage. But I am not able to understand what components do. What is their role and how are they related to incidents or System metrics?

Please guide me on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Hi Aditi,

Components represent each of the separate infrastructure or functional part of a service.

For example:

Your Website is a Service. You can create a component for YourWebsite and integrate any tool that is monitoring Your Website via Api. 

You can automate the status of your Components based on the status of a certain service in your monitoring tool(s). 

You can take it a step further by adding Opsgenie in the mix. 

For example: Datadog monitors your websites uptime. Whenever your monitor detects something it will communicate this to Opsgenie/Statuspage and will update the status of your component accordingly based on the configuration you have setup either in Opsgenie or any monitoring tool that your using via api.

Components are a representation of the status of a specific service.

Components can also have sub components.

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Howard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events