Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As an Admin of a StatusPage, is there a way to get an alert when a component's status changes?

Nicholas Koch November 9, 2021

We are using 3rd party apps to manage our StatusPage components. I am curious if there is a way for an admin to get alerts when the component's status changes. Maybe I am missing a setting, but all I can see is how alerting is sent out for incidents or maintenance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2021

Hello Nicholas,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team and thank you for the question around alerting from components. Because we focus on incident communication, we typically only have notifications sent out when there is an active incident and not on changes on components. Part of this is actually due to components sometimes changing quickly and that could overwhelm users with notification fatigue. We want to make sure that only really important notifications go out so that is relegated to incidents.

Component status changes will trigger an email to admins only if it's been degraded for a long period of time. If you are absolutely looking. to be notified on change, there is a way to set up a Slack integration with Statuspage: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-a-slack-integration/

This integration essentially takes the activity log and dumps that into Slack but it would show off component changes.

Alternatively, and probably more effectively, would be to use software like Opsgenie, pagerduty, or datadog to monitor these components and then manage notifications from there.

Hopefully that helps. I hope you have a fantastic day!

Regards,
Jesse

Nicholas Koch November 11, 2021

Thanks Jesse!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events