Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

As an Admin of a StatusPage, is there a way to get an alert when a component's status changes?

We are using 3rd party apps to manage our StatusPage components. I am curious if there is a way for an admin to get alerts when the component's status changes. Maybe I am missing a setting, but all I can see is how alerting is sent out for incidents or maintenance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein Atlassian Team Nov 11, 2021

Hello Nicholas,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team and thank you for the question around alerting from components. Because we focus on incident communication, we typically only have notifications sent out when there is an active incident and not on changes on components. Part of this is actually due to components sometimes changing quickly and that could overwhelm users with notification fatigue. We want to make sure that only really important notifications go out so that is relegated to incidents.

Component status changes will trigger an email to admins only if it's been degraded for a long period of time. If you are absolutely looking. to be notified on change, there is a way to set up a Slack integration with Statuspage: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-a-slack-integration/

This integration essentially takes the activity log and dumps that into Slack but it would show off component changes.

Alternatively, and probably more effectively, would be to use software like Opsgenie, pagerduty, or datadog to monitor these components and then manage notifications from there.

Hopefully that helps. I hope you have a fantastic day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

New feature: Slack notifications for Statuspage

We're excited to announce the release of a long-requested feature on Statuspage. Now visitors to your status page can subscribe to get notified in Slack when you report an incident or maintenance. Th...

2,396 views 6 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you