Allow the use of operators when choosing components during subscription

Pierre-Nicolas Theisen October 26, 2022

Hello,

We have two types of components on our StatusPage:

• components that represent services
  • components that represent regions/locations

Our need would be to be able, during the subscription process, to subscribe to a combination of components thanks to AND/OR operators. So that a user can be notified when a certain service is impacted in a certain region ONLY.

Currently, the list of selected components is considered as an OR operation.

• subscribe to "service-a" OR "service-b" OR "region-a" (user is notified each time an incident is declared for any of those) 

Example of desired system:

• subscribe to ("service-a" AND "region-a") OR "region-b" (user is notified only when an incident is declared for "service-a" and "region-a" together, user is notified any time an incident is declared for "region-b")

Is this something you have been looking into?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2022

Hey there, 

Abe here with Statuspage support. If you have a Business plan or higher, you can enable Component Subscriptions which will allow your subscribers to only subscribe to the components they want notifications for :
- https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-component-subscriptions/

This should do what you are looking for if everything on your page is based off components. 

Cheers! 

- Abe

Pierre-Nicolas Theisen October 28, 2022

Hey Abe,

I already was talking about the component subscription.
I can reformulate my specific request: as a subscriber I want to be able to subscribe to a list components that I freely can combine through the use of logical operators.

For example: subscribed to "Component A" AND "Component B", so that I receive incident notifications ONLY in the case "Component A" AND "Component B" are declared on an incident. And NOT be notified in the case only one of them is declared on an incident. Right now the subscription is always OR based: "Component A" OR "Component B".

Thanks!

Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2022

Hey Pierre, 

Thanks for the clarification! I'll go ahead and submit this as a feature request to my product team. 

Cheers,

- Abe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events