Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Subscriber via API and skip the confirmation notification

Paun_ Cosmin January 31, 2024

Hi StatusPage Team,

We try to inser a subscriber to our StatusPage via the API when an Incident is being created, and we have a weird behaviour. When an Incident is being created then:

- the subscriber gets immediately the confirmation Email (although in the payload we have set "skip_confirmation_notification": true )

- and right after that the subscriber gets a second email with the unsubscribe notification.

What are we doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2024

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community about how the skip confirmation email is not working. I did some investigating and it seems we currently have this off. The team should be creating a doc that talks more about why this change was made. For the second issue, I can't recreate this. Is this happening on every email or just select ones? If you have a paid account, I recommend reaching out to us at support.atlassian.com and we can dive deeper into the issue. Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Jesse

Roman Temekunidi April 9, 2024

Hi @Jesse Klein ,

Have you got any updates on this?

I'm having the same issue. When I set the "skip_confirmation_notification": true, the subscriber still gets the notification. 

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Hi Roman,

The team created this article that goes into more detail about the changes: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-articles/Change-to-Skip-Confirmation-Notification-option-in-Statuspage/ba-p/2624654

Hopefully, that helps!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events