Access to Components in a Component Group

David Speck July 26, 2021

I'm testing out using a component group in Status Page, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than provide some formatting on the Page itself.  I want to subscribe a Page Access User to the component group and then not need to subscribe them to the individual components inside the group.  I would like the access to the components in the component group to automatically be granted to Users who are subscribed to the group.  This way I could add more components to the Component Group in the future and people would just automatically see them.

Is there a way to make this work like this?  Ultimately we should be able to subscribe people both to individual components and (if we choose) component groups.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

Hi David,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you would like a user subscribed to a component group you would need to select all of those child components in that group. I can't see any other way to be able to select the group in the Audience area. 

I would recommend raising this with Support as a feature request. I'd too be interested in having the ability to be able to subscribe users to a component group would be beneficial for me (I have an Audience Specific page with 400+ components and 32 groups so this would make my life easier). 

Once you've raised the ticket let me know the # and I'll raise another one referencing your ticket. The more customers requesting the same feature the higher the priority in the backlog.

Note: Statuspage feature requests currently do not follow the other Atlassian products where you log them on the public Jira. Instead it needs to be raised via a ticket.

David Speck August 6, 2021

Thanks Nick!  I logged a feature request to be able to configure the Component Group ( if I want) so that granting permission to the Group automatically grants permission to the Components inside the Group.  The ticket is SPSP-21708

Like Tim Dolson likes this
Tim Dolson September 12, 2022

@David Speck Hey David. Did this ever happen?

David Speck September 12, 2022

@Tim Dolson I don't think so

@David Speck Bummer but, thanks for your reply, David. How do I get to the ticket you submitted? Do you have a link to it? Maybe I can pile on.

David Speck September 12, 2022

@Tim Dolson I think you need to submit the same request yourself at this link:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

If you reference my existing ticket number that might help, I don't know.  But I don't think they are externally accessible

@Nick Coates Hey Nick. As Product Owner can you give us an update on this ticket that David submitted, SPSP-21708?  Also, alternatively, is there a means for us to track the ticket ourselves?

Tim

cc: @David Speck 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events