Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control & Public Pages

Nick Cruickshank September 4, 2019

Hi

I think I know the answer but wanted to ask anyways.

We currently have Access Control but have a need that might require a public page. The Access Control is for our Cloud/SaaS customers, however, we are rolling out some utilities for On-Premise & Cloud customers so were thinking on a public page just for those utilities/components.

Is this possible? As mentioned, I believe the answer is no but wanted to ask. We have a way around by creating a new AC group for those components only but wanted a way to allow anyone to view this new utility status.

Regards,

Nick

1 answer

1 vote
Parker Hotchkiss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hello Nick,

With Audience Specific pages (formerly known as Access Control!), there is not a publicly accessible view available. All users that wish to view the page will ned to log in with an Audience Specific User account, where you can dictate exactly what components, incidents, and metrics that user is able to view.

In order to have a truly public view with no authentication required, you would need to add a separate Public tier page which would be managed independently from the Audience Specific page.

Nick Cruickshank September 6, 2019

Thanks, can you have a public page and a audience specific page on the same account or is it the account itself that is audience or public?

Parker Hotchkiss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

You can absolutely have multiple pages on the same account! All of our billing and subscription types are on a per-page basis, so you could have an Audience Specific page and a Public page on the same account. The same set of Team Members on that account will have access to all pages you add.

Here are some helpful knowledgebase articles on related topics:

https://help.statuspage.io/help/add-a-new-status-page

https://help.statuspage.io/help/team-members-and-transferring-account-ownership

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events