Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting notification hours for the various notification types.

Samuel Byun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2023

As a component subscriber, I would like to be able to manage the hours of notification for each of the subscription types.  A use case for this would be as follows:
A customer success engineer subscribes to email notifications 24x7.  They also want SMS notifications, but only during business hours.

I feel like there are a lot of user cases, where they would like the immediacy of an SMS notification, but end up turning it off because they don't like all the messages they get at night when people are doing "non-impactful" maintenance stomping on each others' applications.  We have other mechanisms to notify the infrastructure and application owners 24x7 (whether they like it or not.  ha!).

I get that would create the need to user accounts, user profiles & preferences, etc. which don't already exist in the product.  I foresee not having notification windows will hamper the adoption of the product in our organization.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events