tree view disappeared 2.3.1

brossetti1 September 9, 2016

Hey Atlassian,

Not sure whats wrong, i no longer have a tree view and there is no option i see for restoring it. ive downgraded to 2.2.2 with no luck, i have coworkers on 2.3.1 and their tree view is working, but my 2.3.1 isnt. any ideas how i get it back?
Mac OSX
Sourcetree 2.3.1

1 answer

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

I think I may have misunderstood your reference to tree view. I think instead you are referring to the repository tree at the left of the window. In that case, drag the left border of the window to the right. You'll identify the proper border (tree border vs. window border) when the mouse cursor changes to a splitter tool vs. a border drag tool. 

QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

By tree view I think you mean the file list view and not the fork graph. There is a pulldown menu for the mode of the file list:

Screenshot 2016-09-09 07.39.23.png

brossetti1 September 9, 2016

apologies by tree view, I am referring to the fork graph that lists all the different branches.

QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2016

Very interesting screen shot. I'm trying my darnedest to replicate it.

You've managed to zoom the hunk display and I didn't even know that was possible. I tried pulling on the borders but it won't make the file list close completely. 

I'd be looking for where SourceTree stores the window layout data file that it uses to restore the window at application launch and see if it can be hacked to fix this. Like you, I don't see a setting or hotkey for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events