sourcetree does not allow bitbucket use via atlassian account

I am no longer able to access Bitbucket with SourceTree, since connecting to my attlasian account. The service wants my email-style attlasian credentials, but the application refuses to accept this (stating "Please enter your Bitbucket/GitHub username and not an email address" - yet the auth test on this dialog PASSES)

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Same here - I have SourceTree working fine on my existing desktop but I am trying to set up a fresh instance on a new laptop and am caught in an endless cycle of hell. If I use my email address the password checks out successfully and I get a green tick - but when I try to save SourceTree says "Please enter your BitBucket/GitHub username and not an email address". If I use my username (without the email domain suffix) I can save it but it does not authenticate and I cannot retrieve any data. AAAAAAAAGH. Please sort this out Atlassian!

The trick is to use your Bitbucket username but your Atlassian id password.

This doesn't work for me - my password is the same for both.

I have a similar problem after Bitbucket was converted to Atlassian account. Every time I start sourcetree it asks for my Bitbucket password using my old Bitbucket username. This of course fails. Using the Atlassian id also fails. And there is no hint where to where it reads the account name from so I could at least avoid the nagging

Our BitBucket server allow usernames as email addresses.  When I attempt to set my password, I cannot save it because I'm also getting the "Please enter your BitBucket/GitHub username and not an email address" error.  Since I've had this username for a long time and it worked fine for previous versions of SourceTree, I'm guessing this is a defect?  Can anyone offer advise on how to overcome this issue?

the same trouble

Same.  I can log into bitbucket.org with my Atlassian account, but I can't log into Source Tree with my Atlassian account or my Bitbucket account.  Has this really not been addressed yet?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

874 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you