how to configure a local bitbucket deployment in sourcetree for extended integration?

At our company, we use a local deployment of bitbucket.

How can I configure SourceTree to point to our company's reployment (like source-team.mycompany.com) instead of www.bitbucket.org to enable extended integration?

The host root URL in the  Remote Details windows  is read only whne the host type is Bitbucket

1 answer

1 accepted

Change the Hosting Service to Bitbucket Server.  That will allow you to specify a host URL.

And where are you supposed to change the hosting service?

The only place the I think you are allowed to do this, is in the"repository settings"->"edit repository"

But As I mention above, if you select  "Bitbucket" as the host type, the "Host Root URL" is read only.

The only host type that you can select here that is not read only is "Stash" but then, I don't know what kind of integration you get

Sounds like you are using an old version of SourceTree. Stash has been re-branded as Bitbucket Server. If there are any problems with the integration, then you will probably need to update SourceTree.

image2016-9-16 13:38:23.png

It's in View->Show Hosted Repositories->Edit Accounts

When you add an account it would should show your locally deployed repositories.

I apologize that my answer doesn't answer your question directly.  I usually go through this interface when cloning from local deployments thinking that it will properly setup the repo.

If this doesn't work for you then you're right setting the Host Type to Stash is your next best option.

Thank you all.

I thing I've got it to work.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

430 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you