git-http-push.exe error: libcurl-4.dll is missing from your computer

Hi,

I have used Sourcetree for a while now and it has always worked flawlessly, but today whenever I try to push something I get an error stating that libcurl-4.dll is missing.

I am on Window8 x64. Latest version of Sourcetree and Git and I have tried re-installing, rolled back Windows 8 and it is still present.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

5 answers

1 accepted

For anyone with the same issue, I had to manually copy the libcurl.dll file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools" and re-name it to libcurl-4.dll...

Don't know what caused it, but this worked.

Thank you, this also worked for me! In my case, the liburl.dll to be renamed into libcurl-4.dll was in C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\bin

Are you using SourceTree's embedded Git or a standalone version?

I am using embedded GIT

I am using embedded GIT

I've now tried both embedded GIT and standalone version (1.8.3 for both) and nothing...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

231 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot