Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal: Out of memory, malloc failed (tried to allocate 2282218975 bytes)

Toby Johnson December 7, 2020

error (1).PNGGetting this error message when team member is trying to push to gitlab cloud repository via source tree.

I have unprotected the project and made him maintainer via gitlab but still gets this error in source tree.

I have a few repository’s but this one I’m trying to set it up so he can share work with me.

Is anybody else aware of this error we are getting?

I was directed to this response Error which said to change git config files in 

cd %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\bin

these files are not located there to be able to change the config file when i have searched on local hd and via cmd.

Could somebody direct me please to where I would locate them so I can change 

[pack]
        deltaCacheSize = 1g
        packSizeLimit = 1g
        windowMemory = 1g
[core]
        packedGitLimit = 1g
        packedGitWindowSize = 1g

if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 answer

0 votes
kmagor December 8, 2020

I have found it here:
...AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\etc and gitconfig is the file u are looking for I guess.

Toby Johnson December 9, 2020

Unfortunately I don't have the same file structure I have hg_local and no git_local. and in the hg_local no etc folder. 

Not sure if this is anything to do with git in source tree not being embedded but installed with the 64bit version via https://git-scm.com/downloads

do you think I should install source trees embedded version that's 32 bit and try that? 

Like Siam Anonto likes this
Toby Johnson December 9, 2020

I installed the embedded version of git and the config file became available in the etc folder so I was able to edit it and it solved the issue with not being able to push on my end.

My colleague is not able to do this as he is stuck on a different version of git when it is embedded into source tree on his end. So he is not able to push as he does not have a config file in the etc folder?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events