disk1.cab invalid digital signature

When I try to install any sourcetree version I get an error that the digital signature of the disk1.cab file is invalid. This started last week when I tried to update to 1.5.1. When it didn't work I tried to reinstall with my old installer for 1.4.x. The old installer gave me the same error. I just tried again with 1.5.2.

I am on an enterprise windows 7 image with pretty tight restrictions. It seems to be that the certificate you signed with can't be verified. I was able to install the 1.4.x version about a month ago so it would seem something has changed with the certificate.

4 answers

1 accepted

It seems the issue was with something on my domain account. I logged into the local administrator account and the software installed just fine. The issue then was some combination of security restrictions of our domain policy and my domain admin account.

Hey John,

Our certificate expires in 2015 and this is the only report we've had of this meaning others have installed successfully. We haven't changed the signature in any way either.

Could we get the precise error you're seeing so we can get a better understanding of what's happening?

Cheers

Hi,

we are getting this error on VMs for release 1.6.7 and later.  1.6.5 installs fine.  As do 1.6.7 on Windows 7.

Is there any way of working around this?

I've just got this error on my Windows 8.1 (64-bit) pc. When I run SourceTreeSetup_1.6.20.exe file and click "Install" the installation process runs fine for a while and then it stops prompting the error I'm attaching as an image.

source_tree_error.png

I tried running the app as an Administrator but didn't work either.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

261 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot