Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't UI refresh after staging in files in Sourcetree Version 3.3.6 ?

curtiscode January 15, 2020

I updated Sourcetree a few days ago to Version 3.3.6.  Since then, the user interface does not update itself after I commit files, or change branches.  It's like I didn't really do the thing that I just finished doing.  If I close and reopen Sourcetree, Things come up correct.

Was there something in the last release that broke the user interface refreshing itself after certain operations?

Here's some steps to reproduce the problem I'm seeing:

1. Change some source files so that they appear in the 'Unstaged files' area in Sourcetree.

2. Select all the files

3. Click 'Stage All'

4. For me, the files all stay in the 'Unstaged Files' area and the 'Stage All' button disables.

5. Click onto a different project folder and then back onto the folder you started with.

6. The files are now in the 'Staged files' portion of the screen and the 'Stage All' button is enabled

10 answers

4 votes
Alan Mitchell January 16, 2020

This appears to be a serious bug in 3.3.6.

It is also discussed (with a workaround) here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Manual-refresh-required/qaq-p/1256362

I hope Atlassian are noticing this feedback?

2 votes
kyle keppler January 15, 2020

Removing the bookmark for the repo (close the tab) and then re-opening a tab fixed this for me. 

chalumea May 20, 2020

great tip, thanks! Been driving me nuts for a while! 

1 vote
Andy Liddle January 17, 2020

Same issue,

Seems Version 3.3.6 has so many other problems.

It needs fixing asap

1 vote
gnorkett January 17, 2020

I'm having the same issue after upgrading to version 3.3.6. Very frustrating and I'm hoping Atlassian are following this issue. Another work around other than re-starting is to move the window to another screen. (This worked for me as I have a dual screen setup)

I'll probably downgrade and hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks to @curtiscode for starting this thread with the issue.

1 vote
Miso January 16, 2020

Same thing happens on the latest 3.3.7.... I have to manually hit F5 after every button click and command and staging, adding, pushing, pulling, on every screen, to see any sort of updates.

So still not fixed...

1 vote
mrossmedgate January 15, 2020

Same thing happened to me. I got so frustrated, I downgraded back to 3.3.4

0 votes
gnorkett January 28, 2020

This has been fixed in 3.3.8.3848

Download link

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.3.8.exe 

I manually downloaded and installed the update. (The automatic update failed as well so forced the upgrade)

Andy Liddle January 28, 2020

being blocked by windows as it doesn't seem to be signed correctly.

Windows protected your PC Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Application:SourceTreeSetup-3.3.8.exe
Publisher: Atlassian Pty Ltd
Like KEMBL likes this
gimrim February 17, 2020

Yep. Windows 10 does not allow 3.3.8 "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."

0 votes
Pavel January 28, 2020

It's still in 3.3.7...

0 votes
michaelm23119 January 17, 2020

Encountered the same issue myself on upgrading to 3.3.6

Downgraded back to an earlier version.

This is critical functionality that has regressed, please fix this as soon as possible.

Version 3.3.6 is unusable until this issue is resolved.

0 votes
Andrew Wietecha January 15, 2020

I'm also having the same problem.
A work-around (without having to restart Sourcetree) is to select a different option from the File Status drop-down, the change back to your previous selection (for me, I go from Pending to Untracked then back to Pending). Changed source files are then shown.
SHOWING the files is ALL it fixes, though.
If I stage/unstage, I have to switch the drop-down option again to see the UI updates.
Same thing if I make a commit.

Haven't figured out a work-around for the lack of branch updates (for example, after making the commit, the number on my branches doesn't increment for the number of commits different from remote. I have to restart to fix that. Same for after I push to remote.)

I really hope they fix this soon. I'm downgrading until they do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events