Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't SourceTree work with Bitbucket?

Mike Branch September 18, 2018

SourceTree for Windows v2.6.10.0 and Bitbucket Cloud.

You'd think this would be drop-dead easy, but it's not. I have failed at my second attempt to install SourceTree and connect it to Bitbucket. This all worked fine before I had to re-install Windows 10, now I'm dead in the water with clients demanding help with their projects. Thanks, Atlassian!

I finally managed to get ST to show my remote repos, so obviously I'm authenticated, but when I try to clone one it asks me to log in to BB again. My Atlassian login doesn't work (even though I can log into the BB website with it), my old BB login doesn't work (I thought this login went away when we painfully migrated to Atlassian accounts), and a BB app password doesn't work. It just says the password is not valid. 

I should be able to clone a repo with a couple of mouse clicks. Instead, I've been messing around with this for the past hour. What's the deal?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hi Mike, your Atlassian account and Bitbucket Cloud accounts share the same credentials, so if you're using the right ones and can confirm that they work when logging in using the browser, that shouldn't be the problem.

To help us troubleshoot this issue for you, we'll need more info?:

1. How are you trying to clone? Are you using HTTPS or SSH? 
  2. Do you get an error message? Do you get a pop up asking for credentials? Can you send a screenshot?
  3. Have you tried cloning using the command line, do you get any errors?

Let us know!

Ana

Mike Branch September 20, 2018

HTTPS. No errors, just keeps asking me to log in or says my credentials aren't valid (even though I can log in through the browser and SourceTree can see the list of repos).

I am just using git from the command line for now - no time to mess around with SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events