Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does SourceTree 3.1.2 use 3.3GB of memory?

Jason_Price April 5, 2019

SourceTree seems to be using an awful amount of memory (over 3GB) while it is sitting idle.

Is this normal and is anyone else experiencing the same?

SourceTree Memory.PNG

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason_Price April 8, 2019

I have determined a git repository was created at the root of the c drive and Sourcetree was scanning the C drive.

0 votes
Patrick Perron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

Mine is taking 21Gb of memory and 20% of mu CPU:
Sourcetree 2024-01-24.png

Was working fine this morning and acting weird since I create a branch of my main branch (not in my root C: drive).

Restarted computer and when I open Sourcetree, it kind of freeze and reach the numbers I posted...

0 votes
Guathan Medeiros October 21, 2020

i have the same problem, and i don't have a .git folder in my c :, what should i do?

0 votes
Piotr Markielau February 20, 2020

2020-02-21_4-17-14.jpg

I am having the same problem. SourceTree just freezes and it is impossible to use it!

Jason_Price February 21, 2020

check to see if there is a .git folder at the root of the c drive. Sourcetree will scan all files in the C drive if there is a git folder there.

Piotr Markielau February 22, 2020

There was no .git folder at the root of C. I ended up deleting SourceTree and using PyCharm VCS.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2019

Hi

It shouldn't be. If you expand it do you get anymore details, e.g. lots of child git processes? Also has Sourcetree been open a long time, have a lot of open tabs etc?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events